St Martin of Tours Episcopal Church

 

Work being funded includes creating a community hall, offices for 2 local organisations, toilets and completing the main entrance into the building. Once transformed, the church will become comfortable, modern and environmentally friendly for use by the whole community, seven days a week, throughout the year. Originally built as a Baptist Church, the building is a late 19th century gothic revival church with gabled porch and transepts and a projecting 3-stage tower with a spire at one corner. Internally, the building is on two levels with the worship space, kitchen and accessible toilet, including a balcony, on the upper (street) level and a multi-purpose hall and office spaces located on the lower level. The congregation of St Martin's took residence in the 1980s. As a congregation, St Martin's was established in 1884 as a mission station from St Mary's Episcopal Cathedral in Palmerston Place, in the west of the city centre.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county

Back to Map