The church sits within an oval earthwork and is a rare survival in Cornwall of a simple two-celled church: nave and chancel which together are only 45 feet long and seats 35. It may be the smallest church in Cornwall. The earliest parts of the church are Norman. It was built by the Bottreaux family and given to Launceston Priory in 1160.
The grant will help fund a repair project including: filling open joints in stonework on the church tower and walls; repairing pointing to tower pinnacles; repairing split lead on tower roof; making good gutters and downpipes; repairing glass window in tower; repairing door to South porch; and making good internal walls.