The church of St Paternus stands in pretty countryside, with a churchyard that was almost certainly an early Celtic holy site, as evidenced by the circular shape of the enclosure.
Notable things to look out for include a tympanum over the north door with a serpent carved on it, and another, originally from over the south door and now inside the church, with a Lamb of God carving.
There is a simple Norman font, and an unusual and rare Norman pillar piscina. There is an alabaster tomb probably of Edward Hastings, Lord of Penheale, dating from 1510, and interesting because he is shown in civilian clothes, not the military attire that was the norm.
Another unusual survivor is a section of early 17th century stained glass.