St Thomas and St Luke
There has been a church dedicated to St Thomas on the site since at least 1182. The present church in Bath stone, designed by the architect William Brooks, was built between 1815 and 1818. It has been described as “a fine example of Regency Gothic” and is listed Grade II*. The tower and spire rise to 175 feet above the High Street. Known locally as 'Top Church', set as it is on the crest of the UK watershed at around 700 feet, the church is visible for miles around.