A Grade II listed building constructed between 1830-31. The church and especially the spire form a dominant landmark. The Lady Chapel windows are by Burne-Jones. The church works hard to build new links with the local community and planned to re-order the internal space to allow greater community use. The grant was to help deal with major problems with the spire, the top of which was strapped to prevent the risk of collapse.