Walton on Thames Methodist Church
Walton Methodist Church was built in 1887 after the original building on Annett Road was purchased and demolished by the Gas Board as part of their business expansion. The new church is a High Victorian brick building that is surprisingly simple in its style. The building has a traditional cruciform plan on a north-west/south-east axis with nave, chancel and transepts.
The roof covering is slate and appears to be the original covering applied in 1887. The slates are deteriorating and are brittle, with some that are fractured and slipping. The grant will help fund a project to replace the slate before water starts to puncture the roof and damage the interior.