East Cliff United Reformed Church
The church began in the front room of a house that was across from the church (no longer in existence). As numbers grew it became clear that a larger building was needed, and in 1868 a Chapel was built on the present site. Again, due to larger numbers in 1879, the members became part of the Congregational mainstream church and a new church was built. From the very beginning East Cliff was a big influence in Bournemouth. The first public library was started here. The funding was to help a project including a new Kitchen, serving hatch, fire door access, upgraded and new toilets. Local groups, including women's federation, AA, toddler groups and voluntary services training that use the building were consulted and were keen for an upgrade to the kitchen meeting facilities. This enables the church to improve the services it offers and hold larger events.