Designed by Adrian Oldrid Scott in 1903-9.
The construction is red brick, enlivened by flint facing in the upper walls. The architectural motifs used are predominantly English Decorated Gothic of the mid 14th century. The east window, which has an ingenious curvilinear design.
The interior is standard Butterfieldian brickwork, but with interesting use of carved stone. Alternating stone and brick sections lead the eye up and down the arches of the arcades, and ogee arches in the spandrels spring a brick supporting shaft up to the roof. The clerestory appears to return onto the west face of the central tower, where seven shallow niches step up around the chancel arch.