Dunlop Parish Church
A grant made thanks to the 2012-13 Capital Grant Scheme from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, administered by the National Churches Trust. The B Listed church is very much at the heart of Dunlop village and occupies an impressive site in a designated outstanding conservation area. The church was built in 1835, but the north gable incorporates some of the architecture from the first church built on this site in 1641. It has 26 beautiful stained glass windows (some by Gordon Webster), the most out-standing being the Tower window, which is lit every evening and shines like a beacon up Main Street. In 1884 a new pulpit, communion table and baptismal font were designed by John W Small, FSA Scot, and this is one of the few examples of his work still on public view in Scotland. The funding was to help the church to complete a repair and modernisation scheme which started in 2008 and to then re-open. Following the eradication of dry rot, phase two of the scheme will update facilities including the installation of new toilets with disabled facilities and the creation of a new servery.