Conlig Presbyterian Church


The church was opened in 1848 having been built largely thanks to the generosity and benefaction of Belfast merchants & ship owners John Sinclair and his father-in-law Capt. William Pirrie, both of whom had country houses in Conlig.  It was reported in the newspaper of the day that a paddle steamer and carriages were provided to bring visitors from Belfast to attend the opening service and that a lunch was laid on at Capt Pirrie’s home for the guests. The building is of a "neo-Romanesque style" constructed of greywacke with sandstone dressing. Internally it retains its original box pews and pulpit.

The grant will help fund a stonework condition survey which is in poor condition

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county

Back to Map