Ardeer Parish Church
This Gothic-style church of 1894/95 was designed by distinguished Edinburgh architect, Hippolyte Blanc. Sitting at the heart of this former industrial community on a corner site close to the main road and transport links, the church is of red sandstone and has an octagonal crenellated tower with stained glass windows and additional hall facilities. The church is at the centre of this area which is listed as the 8th most deprived place in Scotland. The church runs a food bank and once the kitchen is upgraded, local authority Social Services hopes to run a Lunch Club and other facilities to support the community.