A small stone church of Norman origins on the village green.
The tower and broach spire date from 1240 with the rest of the church rebuilt c1300 on a plan-form which it retains to the present day. Clerestory in perpendicular style added c1430 with a magnificent roof covering nave and chancel in a single run. Church restored by Goddard in 1867 retaining much of the medieval character. 1990s, the PCC worked hard to make the church a village asset - west end pews replaced with comfortable chairs and tables, electrics and heating upgraded, servery and disabled toilet facilities.
Works are to replace nave and chancel roof gutters, lead patch repairs to roofs, and install new roof alarm system, as well as window repairs and drainage and soakaway work. Inadequate rainwater goods and drainage mean that the church is suffering from both rising and falling damp.