Status : OPEN
Next Deadline: Monday 22 January 2024, Midnight
Grant Size : £500 to £10,000
Works Cost : Up to £100,000 (incl VAT and fees)
Our Treasure Ireland project provides a new Community Grants Programme which offers your church or chapel funding of between £500 and £10,000 for church maintenance or urgent repair work.
We will consider applications from listed and unlisted Christian places of worship, of any denomination, that are located in Northern Ireland. To be eligible to apply you must satisfy the following criteria:
- You must have 50% of the funds required at the point of application
- Work must not have started
- Any necessary permissions must be in place
- The work must have been out to tender or you must have at least 2 quotes in place
- Work must be to the main church building or an attached hall
- The church building must have been constructed as a place of worship at least 30 years ago
- Places of worship must be open beyond worship at least 100 days
Be sure to first read the guidance notes. The guidance notes contain notes on the scoring criteria, advice on completing the application form, a list of supporting documents that will be required from you, and details of the terms and conditions of any grant award made .
We can only accept applications made online. You can review the questions in advance here.
Decisions on all are grant applications are made by our Northern Ireland Grants Committee comprised of experts from the church and heritage sectors. The Committee meets three times a year.
Decisions will be notified following the Grants Committee meeting.