Jones and Fraser Ltd
For almost a decade Jones & Fraser has been bringing together experienced management and in-house crafts people to successfully deliver projects from Scheduled Ancient Monuments to Places of Worship. Specialising in the conservation and restoration of period and listed properties, we take great satisfaction in using traditional building techniques and materials with passion and pride.
• Lime plastering and rendering – All aspects of building limes both plain and decorative: hot-mix limes; 3 coat internal and external flat work; harling; insulating plasters and renders; in-situ run moldings; bespoke fibrous cornices; pargetting; Lithomex stone repairs; breathable floor systems; limewashing.
• Carpentry – Emphasis is placed on repair rather than renewal, from heavy oak frames, windows and doors to ornamentation; using only high quality locally sourced timber.
• Stone – Lime mortar repairs and repointing; masonry; natural stone indenting; micro pinning; shelter coating; carving and letter cutting.
• Leadwork – Flat roofs; vertical cladding; bay windows; lined gutters; tapered gutters; valleys; church steeples; domes, turrets and spires; pitched roof coverings; mansard roofs and barreled roofs; chimney flashings.
• Roofing – Surveys and condition reports; slating, stone tiling installation and repairs; structural timber repairs
• Foundation and structural repairs – Underpinning; masonry pinning, stitching and reinforcement.
• Façade restoration – Using super-heated water to remove unwanted coatings of masonry paint, lichen and algae from all types of render, stone sculpture and monuments of bronze and other metals.
• Rope access – Saving time and money by carrying out surveys and emergency repairs without the need for a scaffold.
• Sympathetic services – Appropriate installation of cabling, pipes and ductwork minimising damage to historic fabric.
|Areas of coverage||Herefordshire, Monmouthshire, Shropshire, Wales|
|Contact name||Finnian Fraser|