Tamlaghtfinlagan Parish Church (St Findluganus Church)

 

The original church at Ballykelly was reported "to be in ruins" in 1622, it was restored and enlarged by the Fishmongers and known as the Garrison Church. It was destroyed in 1641, restored in 1644, destroyed again in 1689 but again restored by order of King William III in 1692. The present church was built by the Earl of Bristol (Bishop) in 1795, the chancel, vestry and gallery were added in 1851 and the north aisle in 1859. In 1934 the parish church was completely renovated, choir stalls made, the east window taken out and remade, new louvres placed on the NW side of the tower, much pointing done to the tower and walls of the church. In 1935 the vestry was enlarged and coalhouse placed under it.

Top tips from feedback:

- Make sure funding is in place and sufficient to meet contract price.

- Ensure all necessary planning approvals and building control regulations are passed and if necessary gas safe approval.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county

Back to Map