St Swithun

 

A Grade 1 listed 13th century church with a magnificent spire. Dedicated to St Swithun, a statue of the saint in his Episcopal robes can be seen over the north porch entrance. In 1841 Augustus Welby Pugin hand-painted the chancel ceiling in a wonderful 14th century style and this is thought to be the only example of his work in a parish church. The grant was to help replace lead roof, repair gutters and fit a new alarm system to cover all roof areas.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county