Built in 1837 by William Railton who designed Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square. Extended in 1889 by Ewan Christian. Charnwood granite with ashlar dressings and slate roofs and west tower. Fine wooden single hammer beam roof. Minton tile chancel, with carved alabaster reredos.
Works include repointing and replacement of stone to the tower, stone repairs to west window, repointing to east and chancel gables. The work is to avoid further deterioration of the tower and stonework during the winter. The congregation will be confident that the tower and other stonework are safe and in good condition so that the church can continue to be a focus and a venue for the spiritual and social life of its community and local area.
Top tips from feedback:
- Do not be disappointed when an application is rejected