St Paul's is a Grade II listed building by Hansom from 1867/8, a rebuild of an earlier (1853) church following a fire, and incorporating a tower and spire by Manners and Gill from the original building. It is situated in Bristol, close to the University, about 100 yards from the Music Department. Although the interior of the church was originally quite plain, the subsequent decoration includes one of the best surviving complete sets of Hardman windows (1868-1890), on a par with Aberdeen Cathedral and of national significance, and one of the best surviving complete sets of mosaics by Powell and of national significance. Current activities include use by local choirs and music groups for rehearsal and concert performances (e.g. Clifton Singers, Gospel Choir, University Barbershop Singers (TUBBS) and Bristol University Music Society). Music degree finalists' recitals were performed in the church. The kitchen is used for a food project involving food donated by local shops being cooked by students for sale, with profits going to charity. Other uses include the University Freshers' Week cafe, theatre performances, meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous and the building serves as a polling station during elections. The grant was to help with a project to repair the roofs, gutters and rainwater disposal system and high-level masonry.