St Nicholas is a Grade II listed Victorian reconstruction of an earlier church. The original medieval church is mentioned in the Domesday Book (1086) and for much of this period was staffed by Augustinian monks from neighbouring Chirbury Priory. A font from this period was recently rescued from the churchyard. In 1815 the tower was topped by a wooden spire – a characteristic of Welsh Marches churches.
The project to reorder the church building involves the provision of two toilets (one fully accessible) and an extension to the kitchen.