St Mary and Holy Trinity

 

The church was founded in 1311 but most of the fabric dates from the 1400s, with the addition of a 16th century painted ceiling to the chancel, 18th and 19th century restorations, and in the 1950s, the rebuilding of the top of the tower in brick with a landmark timber clock turret and cupola following WW2 bomb damage. The simple neoclassical style of the clock turret and south porch suggests that the church is a graphic memorial to the war damage inflicted on the East End.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county