The earliest parts of St Germain’s date from the thirteenth century. The tower and chancel are by Decimus Burton, built in the 1840s, and the windows were added in 1902 by the architect Frederic Chancellor. The church has a strong connection with the Capel Cure family who have lived in nearby Blake hall for over 200 years.
In a village with no community building, hall, shop, or pub, St Germain is a vital social hub. The National Churches Trust’s Project Development Grant will fund an investigation into what needs to be done to solve two major problems: a leaking lead tower roof, and subsiding nave walls.