St George’s was rebuilt c.1246 on the site of an earlier Saxon church. A tower was added in the 16th century. The north/Trinity chapel, remodelled in 1871 in memory of General Crosbie, contains the sarcophagus of John Page, MP for Chichester (c.1779). The tower has two 16th century bells on the national register of bells for preservation, and one recast in 1858. The project will provide toilets on the site and improve storage and access.