The original parish church was built in 1853 , but tragically was burnt down on the 12th January 1856 after only 2 years and 9 months and was replaced by the current church. The current church is a Grade II listed building, designed in the "Early English Decorated Gothic Style". Both the churches were designed by the architect Thomas Talbot Bury a former pupil of A.W.N. Pugin, who helped to design the Houses of Parliament. The church is named after its benefactors Lady Harriet and the Hon. Robert Henry Clive M.P. of St Fagan's Cardiff and was consecrated by Bishop Ollivant exactly 2 years after the opening of the first church. In 1951 a new polished block floor was laid to the nave and the pews were replaced with loose chairs. Above the high altar is a triple stained glass window installed in 1952 to commemorate 24 fallen servicemen in the second world war funded by public subscription.
The Partnership Grant has helped the church to address dry rot in the main porch area and install strong wooden doors to the outside of the porch.