St Benet and All Saints
A grant to help fund roof and high-level gutter repairs and replacement. The foundation stone of the first Saint Benet and All Saints Church was laid on 13th June 1885. By 1901 the structure of the church was causing concern, due to the enormous weight of the nave and the insufficient foundations. In 1925 the nave was in urgent need of being saved, but it was decided that the only sensible course of action was to pull it down. A new aisle-less church was designed just in time, for in November 1927 the London County Council condemned and closed the nave as a dangerous structure. £14,500 was found to demolish and rebuild the nave, this time with foundations going down 29 feet.