St. Alban's is a Church of England parish church, consecrated in 1897. It is a red-brick building, able to seat 180 people, and serving a parish of about 18,000. The church was to originally have a tower, but funding was exhausted and so this was not constructed. The building is not of particular architectural interest, although it is a well-appointed church in a modest Victorian gothic style. There is some notable stained glass on the east wall.