Saron Independent Congregational Chapel

 

Saron was originally an agricultural barn, which from 1831 onwards was used for religious services, as a wave of religious fervour based on the Non-Conformist movement took hold and swept through Welsh-speaking rural communities. The building and land was later sold to the community on a 999 year lease and funds were sought to convert the barn into a traditional chapel. The present day Chapel, which is a Grade II Listed building, dates back to 1841 and was established by the Rev D.

 

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county