Howmore Church of Scotland
Howmore Church was built in 1858 by local craftsmen who were members of the small Protestant community within South Uist. It is built on a small hill and visible from the sea; for generations it has been used by local fishermen as a reassuring point of reference.
The building has suffered considerable wear and tear from wind, salt and weather damage and despite the efforts of the congregation over the past decades it is in urgent need of repair. This Cornerstone Grant funded project will focus on repairs to the external stonework and rainwater goods, as well as the installation of toilets so that this building can continue to serve its community going forward.