Holy Trinity is a large stone built church, listed Grade II, located in Dean Street, back from the Blackpool Promenade, and not far from the Pleasure Beach. The present church was built 1894-5 by R K Freeman, and is designed in a free style of Decorated Gothic. His work was mainly ecclesiastical (churches, vicarages, etc.), but he also designed other buildings and even made additions to the piers of Blackpool and Southport. Holy Trinity Church was considered to be his 'chef d'oeuvre' - his very best church. The church is large, being over 150 feet long and 80 feet wide. The tower is of five stages and around 90 feet high, with angled buttresses, belfry louvres, battlemented parapet and canted stair turret with pyramidal roof of red tiles.
The project involves repairs to high level masonry to make the building safe.