The church sits at the heart of the New Lenton conservation area, two miles west of Nottingham City Centre. The church tower is described by the City Council's Conservation Area as a "key focal point" of the conservation area, and the church and church yard contribute to creating "an important oasis in this intensely urban part of the city". The church itself was built in 1841-2 and seats 660 persons. The Church is grade II* listed, and sits within a group of buildings that are grade II listed, including the churchyard, former vicarage (Unity House), and old church school (now a Gurdwara). Holy Trinity has a number of notable features, including lancet windows, some distinctive stained glass, including an attractive and unusual floral east window dedicated to Francis Wright, the founder of the church. However, the most exceptional feature of the interior is the richly carved mid-12th century font believed to originate from the old Lenton Priory. It is one of only five rectangular narrative fonts in the country, and features scenes of Jesus' Baptism, Crucifixion (with the soul of the penitent thief emerging from his mouth and soaring up-wards, that of the impenitent thief being consumed by a dragon) and Resurrection, with the three Marys at the Sepulchre. Also depicted - uniquely - is the Dome of St Sophia in Istanbul.