A grant to help fund urgent repairs to the stonework and serious problems with the roof. The stonework had eroded seriously over the years due to weather and the church's exposed position close to the sea and to heavy industry. Holy Trinity Church stands in a secluded spot about 100 metres from Sea-ton Carew beach. It began as a chapel within the parish of Stranton, and was consecrated on 29 September 1831. On October 21 1841 Seaton Carew became a parish in its own right. Internally, much of the fine woodwork has been crafted by Robert 'Mouseman' Thompson of Kilburn, and children can often be seen looking for the trademark wooden mice throughout the church.