The Greek Orthodox Church of St Mary Magdalene

 

Originally built as an Anglican church in 1852, it was one of only two churches build by architect Frederic Marrable in a Decorated Gothic Revival style providing a place of worship for a congregation of 1000. The Grade II listed building became redundant in 1980 and was purchased by the Greek Orthodox community in 1982. The church has since been continually used by the Greek community and by the more recent influx of Eastern European Orthodox Christians. 

This grant will help support the preparation for a major funding bid.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county

Back to Map