Girvan North Parish Church
The church was designed by WG Rowan in 1883. The design is English Gothic with snecked red sandstone and polished dressings. The church has tall lancet windows with arched and tracery heads; most have clear-leaded glass and several with stained glass. The interior of the church is symmetrical with timber galleries and an exposed roof timber structure with a painted frieze and ceiling. The decoration is symbolic of the Creation and represents the seabed with scallop shells and seaweed, the surface of the sea with undulating lines and the good earth with flowers of the field. The building is used for the Boys Brigade, Girls Brigade, Indoor Bowling, Badminton and Mother and Toddlers group, the local Horticultural Society hold their annual show in the church and the Summer Mission for young school children is also held annually. The area is undergoing wider regeneration. All members of the community and visitors will benefit from the renovation of the church. The grant was to help fund repairs and re-placement to stone mullions, tracery and window and door surrounds, the removal, re-leading and refitting of leaded glazing, and repairs and replacement of defective stone courses.