Gamblesby Methodist Church
The current chapel was built in 1864 and is a classic sandstone Victorian chapel with leaded windows and an adjacent School Room. It stands in a prominent position over looking the village green. It was built on the site of the originalchapel which was designed by John Wesley this being one of the first chapels in Cumbria. We wish to build upon these heritage links. Whilst the chapel is not a listed building it lies within a conservation area. It is an attractive building within the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.