Braniel Methodist and Presbyterian Church
Braniel church was formed in the 1958 when leaders in both the Presbyterian and Methodist denominations identified the potential of a partnership venture both in the Braniel and Taughmonagh Estates which were being built around the same time. The agreement was to pool their resources to construct a church building in each estate with a Presbyterian minister serving in Taughmonagh and a Methodist minister in the Braniel.
A £15,000 grant will help fund the installation of new kitchen facilities and toilets and enable Braniel Methodist and Presbyterian church to continue to serve the local community. Funding for the grant comes from the Department for Communities Historic Environment Division's Covid-19 Culture, Languages, Arts and Heritage Support Programme.