Bethel Chapel Independent Methodist
The Chapel was built in 1853 in 139 days. However, no details of the original builder or architect are known. The plaster ceiling has a central floral motif with a dove in the centre. In 1995 the Chapel was altered to provide space for the Sunday School and community groups in the same building. These alterations included installing an upper floor to replace the gallery, and the installation of a kitchen and new toilet facilities in the rear wing of the building.
The work is the stabilisation and minor repairs to original high-level lath and plaster ceiling to repair several fractures and areas of de-bonding from the sub-strata as identified in last Quinquennial Report.