All Saints

 

The church of All Saints, which stands on an elevated sited in the centre of the village of Eaton, was built in 1857-8, replacing an earlier Norman building. The architect George Shaw of Saddleworth was contracted to design a new building in the Decorated Gothic styles of the 13th and 14th centuries. Built of Steetley stone, it consists of a chancel and nave, with vestry, north porch and a bell turret containing one bell. Shaw also provided the stained glass, except for the east window depicting the Transfiguration which is by J R Thompson of Southwark. There are two features older than the building of the current church: a medieval piscina and an 18th century monument in the vestry. 

The project will facilitate the installation of a kitchen and accesible toilet with baby change unit in an extension to the rear of the church. This will provide facilities in a church where there are currently none and which serves as the only community hub in the village.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county

Back to Map