All Saints' is part of the Church in Wales and sits within the town and rectorial benefice of Barry. It was built to meet the needs of the increase in population, which followed the construction of the Barry Docks. It was built in two parts, the nave and aisles in 1908 and the chancel, tower and vestries during the incumbency of T.W. Welch (1914-1937). It was designated as the Parish Church of Barry in 1919. At that time, the Romilly family contributed substantially to the building of All Saints. The site was leased to the Admiralty as a Coastguard Station from the Romilly estate but the building of Barry Docks affected its value and in 1906 assigned the lease to Rector Stewart. The foundation stone was laid on 8th February 1907 and consecration took place on 29th April 1908. Work on the chancel, tower and vestries started in June 1914. The church, together with the original organ and the lectern, were consecrated and dedicated respectively by the Bishop of Llandaff. The 74ft tower has 135 steps. A clock and peal of bells, weighing 3.4 tons, were installed in 1946 as a war memorial and thanksgiving for peace.
The grant will help fund a project for roof repairs, rainwater goods, upgrade lighting, and interpretation boards.