A beautiful Victorian church built in 1876 with awesome stained glass windows, a fantastic roof and a great historic organ.
A grant to help fund a redevelopment that will create a new, attractive entrance and foyer facing the road. This would double the size of the inadequate kitchen. The crumbling Bitmac car park would be resurfaced, providing a soak-away to reduce storm water drainage charges. The present building dates from 1975 when it replaced two earlier chapels. The building is home to two distinct Methodist congregations Ð Sheriff Hill Methodist Church (SHMC) and Mind The Gap (MTG) - together with an ecumenical project, Cornerstone, set up in 2007 jointly with the local Anglican church which operates a community cafŽ, thrift shop and listening post. The building is used during the week by the wider community including Sheriff Hill Ladies Club., 'Reel Issues' film club and organisations including the Blood Transfusion Service and the local Housing company.