St Paul's is a living church with ancient roots; overlooking the river Bann, it is a beautiful Victorian church offering peace and tranquillity and is a well preserved fine example of the work of the famous Irish architect Joseph Welland.
A stone Gothic Revival style Roman Catholic church by architects O'Neill & Byrne, built 1879, date inscribed above the door, a good example of a well preserved late Victorian rural church typical of this architects work, responsible for many such Roman Catholic and other ecclesiastical buildings. Formally opened in 1886,with records showing that seating and flooring later installed, perhaps relevant to current position. Church is rectangular plan with gabled entrance, gabled chancel projection and adjacent gabled sacristy; natural slated, random squared stone walling with dressed sandstone details to plinths,quoins, butresses and window surrounds; good stained glass to windows by Meyer of Munich.
A £5,700 will enable the church to carry out a condition report. Funding for the grant comes from the Department for Communities Historic Environment Division's Covid-19 Culture, Languages, Arts and Heritage Support Programme.