Like Barfreston, only a few miles to the south east, Patrixbourne has an important Norman church.
The church was built around 1200 with extensive renovations in Victorian times. It is a pleasant listed Grade II church and is the main feature of the village along the old Dover Road. The church was restored by the Victorians but is pleasant and well proportioned, and retains some interesting earlier features. The church is faced with flint which deteriorates with terrifying rapidity, and there is currently scaffolding erected to protect passers by from falling flints. There is also structural movement occuring. Action is therefore required as soon as possible.