The church (formerly known as St Mary's) dates from 1778. It is attached to the current hall complex which was built in the 1930s. In the late 1920s a chancel was added, to which the organ was removed. The Roman Doric pilastered tower and tall Gibbsian spire, a prominent landmark, was added in around 1828. Interior refurbished 1927. Gallery at west, lit by 3 stained glass windows c.1927 by Stephen Adam Studios.
The church is suffering from water ingress the causse of which was identified in a structural survey carried out in 2015. Works include rectify missing and loose slates to tower and roof, repair/replace timbers in bell support framework, repoint stonework.