St Mary

 

St Mary's is a decorated Gothic village church built around 1330, probably by the Augustinian canons from the Priory of St. Mary, Bradenstoke, Wiltshire. It has a C14 Lady Chapel, C15 clerestory and tower, and other features introduced in an 1867 restoration. The Grade II listing of the building, which is relatively comprehensive, draws attention to the surviving medieval architecture and the alabaster Anne monument and to Scott's mid-C19 century restoration of the church.    

The grant will help fund a project of repairs to the window masonry.

View more churches or chapels we have helped in this county

Back to Map