A Cornerstone Grant to help fund urgent repairs to the roof and replacement of rainwater goods. St Luke’s Church was on the English Heritage At Risk Register and not in use due to safety concerns, with services taking place in the church hall. The church was built in 1886 as a daughter church of St Andrews, Newcastle, and replaced an earlier corrugated iron mission church on this site. Together with the church hall, it forms a prominent red-brick building group within the local setting of Claremont Road, and within the Framlington Place Conservation Area. The aim was to bring the church building back into use to enable further expansion of mission and community uses, as well as providing a larger worship space for the growing congregation.