St John the Baptist
This medieval church was restored in 1854 to serve a scattered rural community. Its nave and chancel are in one, with a south porch with round arched doorway and a low western tower, which probably dates from the 12th century. Its fine chancel roof has collar-beams on arched braces, and above the collar-beams strutting forming quatrefoils. It also has a fine Jacobean pulpit with tester and reader's desk.
Top tips from feedback:
- Ensure that the building contract is broken up into component parts with non-essential elements of the main contract potentially postponed to ensure funds are in place.