Repointing and internal plasterwork. Built 1787-88 but drastically remodelled: chancel 1888, vestry 1911 and tower c.1920. Alterations by R.B. Preston and F. Thorpe. Work is to re-point west wal, re-bed coping stones and making good damaged internal plaster. The church is a relatively rare example in the area of a late C18 building remodelled in the late C19 and early C20. It has an extremely exposed position on high ground at the north-eastern boundary of Greater Manchester (historically in Yorkshire West Riding) with its west wall facing the prevailing winds. It is a well-used church in one of the more rural areas of the County, and the work, when carried out, will help to prevent further deterioration of the fabric.