A grant to fund urgent repairs to secure falling masonry and to remove the remains of a spire. Holy Trinity Church is located in the main street of Fareham and is the civic church. Built in 1835, it is an outstanding example of early 19th century Gothic style with an elegant tower and graceful interior. The church is built of a local white brick with stone dressings. It was a Commissioners’ church, its architect Thomas Ellis Owen (1805–1862), a Portsmouth man who was largely responsible for the development of Southsea.