Almeley Wootton Friends Meeting House
A grant made thanks to the 2012-13 Capital Grant Scheme from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, administered by the National Churches Trust. The Meeting House has been continually used by the Society of Friends since it was adopted by the Society in 1672. Almeley Wootton Meeting has historic links to William Penn and Pennsylvania with several members of the meeting being the first settlers of the new colony and signatories on the first constitution. The Meeting House is a grade II* listed 17th century building in the typical local black and white style. This traditional style has been retained externally and internally, again making it quite rare. The grant was to help fund a project to enlarge the building by adding an extension which will provide full disabled access, improved toilet (including disabled toilet) and catering facilities, as well as an adequately-sized communal space. Local community groups, local, regional and national Quaker groups will benefit from the new facilities which will allow a greater range of meeting and events to take place.