A large bilingual Welsh Baptist church built in the early 19th century.
St George's Church was constructed between 1835-6 to the design of John Jenkins of London, to serve the rapidly growing ironworks town. The building is Grade II Listed and the boundary walls, gates and railing are listed separately, also Grade II. The building is of classical design with Neo-Norman detailing. The nave comprises seven bays, with a simple flat ribbed ceiling and round headed side windows linked externally by a continuous hood mould. The short lower chancel is separated internally from the nave by a wide and elaborately decorated Neo-Norman chancel arch. A gallery along either side of the nave is supported on iron columns, which have scalloped capitals. The gallery timber fronts have simple repeated decoration with a painted finish. The western end of the nave has been altered with a first floor hall constructed in the end two bays.