Which grant is right for my project?
We support a wide variety of projects through our grant programmes. From repairing a roof to helping to install an accessible toilet - and many other projects - our grants help churches, people and local communities.
If you are looking for funding from us, but are not sure if we can fund your project or are unsure which grant programme to apply through, please look through the options below. Just click on a red button for more information.
Please note that to be eligible for any of our grant programmes, you must have 50% of the funding required in place, this can include any VAT you are eligible to reclaim through the Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme .
You can find details of churches, chapels and meeting houses we have helped with grants on our interactive map.
1. REPAIRS to our church building e.g. re-roofings, stone repairs etc.
Works are urgent and structural and cost over £100,000 including VAT and fees.
2. ALTERATIONS to our church building to enhance facilities – works include kitchens and toilets – could be an extension (but not a separate structure).
Works cost over £30,000 including VAT and fees.
You have permissions (e.g. Faculty, and planning permission) in place.
3. HELP TO DEVELOP a church building project (at an existing church building).
For example, researching issues through in-depth structural reports, or identifying possibilities through feasibility or options studies, in order to develop a more sustainable capital project, and/or to prepare projects to a point at which they can apply to major grant bodies.
4. MAINTENANCE - such as fixing slipped roof tiles, clearing gutters, improving rain water goods and drainage.
Works cost under £10,000 including VAT and fees.
5. CHURCH-BASED ACTIVITIES – e.g. social outreach services, funding for choirs etc.
We are unable to fund these works through our grants programme.
- Conservation or changes to contents e.g. artworks, bells, glass, clocks, monuments, pews etc.
- Work in churchyard / boundary walls e.g tree management, conservation of monuments.
- Work to a building separate from the main church e.g. hall.
- Works purely for heating, lighting, reseating etc.
We are unable to fund these works through our grants programmes.