The Church of St Thomas, Leesfield was constructed between 1844 and 1848 and is the work of E H Shellard. The Church is built of coursed stone with ashlar surrounds to openings quoins andparapets. There is a bell tower at the west with a slate covered roof. The beauty of St Thomas Leesfield is evident as soon as you walk in, with a seating capacity of 600, it has its own splendid 3 Manual Organ and numerous stained glass windows. Four of these windows are by the Belgian stained glass artist, Jean Baptiste Capronnier which give a focal point to the west end of the church. The stone font with beautiful carved wood is situated at the rear of the church.
Top tips from feedback:
- Be realistic about what you expect to be able to afford
- If things don't go according to plan, don't be downhearted - just change the plan.
- Get the local community and councillors involved
- Have plenty of fundraising events to raise the profile of the project as well as raising money.
- Don't be shy about asking for money - often this is the simplest way of raising funds